Its time to find my greener pastures elseware..
Friday, November 9, 2007 / 8:43 PM
Bad things don't come alone!! this sentence is very true.. Someone ever tell me this, when bad things happen, one's mind will be built up with negative ions & natrally everything that happen become negative at that point. So you tend to see all the things that happen as negative & bad things.. Well, can't deny that what was said made sense. But no matter how i tried to cool myself down, i just can't get rid of the negative ions. I'm just looking at them so badly...
Grrrr..rr..rr..rr..An email came at 5.45pm telling me & kid (an intern) that either of us have to stay OT today. I reacted veri strongly to that email (I was in damn foul mood!!). I wrote back arguing that we can't stay & was seeking for other option. Other option was to come back on weekend, lagi not possible for me. hiazs, after few emails of arguing, I'm still in office!! Fact is not abt me having sth on & can't stay..i'm just not commited to this company anymore. Morale working in this company is just so low. I've learnt that working hard in this company will get you to nowhere. 1st of all, my immediate boss know nuts about my job. It drills me into thinking.. so what if i've done a gd job, god knows if there is ever going to be a salary increment or promotion. There was this day, I was doing OT till 1+am, was being praised by the account sevicing guy for the hard work done. He sent a email cc to the boss updating the status of the site, after that he thanked the team for the help, & concluded that the biggest pat goes to me cos I played the biggest role in the site (the rest was playing around while I'm the only one working that night!!).
The boss reply "Thanks Joel for updating the status." I don't know. Maybe I'm expecting the boss to say sth on the effort paid and since he's an ang mo, thought they should be generous in praising or appreciating. Nothing about effort was being mentioned! I've interpreted that the email was drafted in the way he couldn't care much on what we have done so long the deliverables can be met. This is not the only incident that give me this feeling. There are many more..endless proof of him having a mentality : "I'm like the rest of the employees, here to earn a living, don't expect much in me thinking about the welfare of my own employees or appreciating the efforts"..hiazs..
Worst thing is there issn't any bonus nor AWS. Dun get paid for OTs (Benefits of OT : Cab claim after 9pm, Dinner claim of $6 after 8pm). Get warning letter for lateness..Being watched every now & then..No snack/biscults or anything for those who OT.. was feeling huungry while doing OT, den realise there issn't anything to eat.. Argh!! a hungry man is an angry man!!!..that makes me even more angry.. haha... The whole team morale is just so low now, was chatting with another team mate, realised that he is very pissed & angry too. Guess all we hope is to be out of here soon..No motivation push in this company at all.. Hiazs..On the whole, the management s**ks!!...