Projects poorly manage..Developement team gets the SHIT!!
Tuesday, August 7, 2007 / 10:34 PM
The account servicing pple crops up the project, higher management side the account pple, the immediate boss is away, the development team takes the blame..haha.. is it confusing? erm, gues thats hw my company works..Today my team mates were being scolded for the client's unhapiness. Scolded for not delivering wat was promised to the client. 3 out of 5 of us were being scolded. I wasn't involved as I wasn't in that project. The team(except me) had been OT-ing for the past few nights..& due to the project management problem, the team was appreciated with threats(to terminate their service IMMEDIATELY) & scolding..That's how APPRECIATIVE the co is & how PROFESSIONAL the MD handle problems.The main reason for the project crops up lies in a new Interactive Head who can't manage project at all. Only know that he or the other acct pple over-promised the client, the team was not brief on the expectation of the client. The client got pissed!
As usu, uncle steven started swearing the moment he stepped out of MD's room.His KNNBCCB..F**k.. CB.. like machine gun..Even til lunch time..hiazs..the whole team morale was low enuf, his swearing din make any of us feel better. But to b frank, I've concluded that the account pple in our co, out of the so many, maybe oni 2 are considered better ones..That OT i kana last mth,was also due to the poor management of project by the acct pple (tat gal i dislike alot..)..Understand that its not easy to be Acct excutive, but many times they tend to try pleasing the customer too much, causing us to suffer..hiazs..Over-Promised wat we can deliver!. =(
Realised my team working culture is so different from mine..For the past few wks or rather mths, I've been the 1st or 2nd in my team to leave office.The rest work till wee hrs..& came into office late in the morining or earli afternoon.. Often, I was the only person in my team in the morning to fight watever unforseen war.. :( ..As days passes by, I felt so outcast..haha. Cant deny the fact tat when team mates stayed to do OT, dey get to know each other better, working r/s also improved..I'm just so out of the grp. For me,I tried to finish whatever I can during office hrs..If not, I'l try to push deadline to a manageable timeline if possible.Then go home early..HIazs.. but team mates seems to tink otherwise. THey prefer to work when most of the pple had gone home.. then work till wee hrs & come in late the nxt day..of cos ther are times they have no choice cos of tight deadlines..Someone commented, some pple are just so lucky, able to go hm early blah blah..expected tat kind of remark to come sooner or later.. (-.-")..
So that day I told myself maybe next time I shld stay with the team when they OT (even when I have nothing to do), just to msn & blog.. haha.. STupid rite? I might as well go home eat mum's home cook food & rest..Its not going to work this way..